Mikulov

Synagogue

The core of the only preserved synagogue of the Polish type in Moravia dates from mid 16th century. Its shape was mainly changed by the fundamental reconstruction in the Baroque style after the fire of 1719, when the synagogue acquired its present appearance. The reconstruction was designed by the Dietrichstein architect J. Ch. Oedtl, who also managed reconstruction of the chateau.


Sample imageThe last adaptations in 19th century only affected details, mainly the windows. Following a costly and long-term reconstruction the synagogue was made accessible to the public in early 1990s. At present the Regional Museum has installed an exhibition entitled Rabbi Löw and Jewish Education in Moravia.

Contact

Opening hours

From 30 March to 30 November 2019

April, October and November, Fri–Sun: 9 a.m.–12 noon; 1 p.m.–4 p.m.;

May, June and September, Tue–Sun: 9 a.m.–12 noon; 1 p.m.–5 p.m;

July, August, Mon–Sun: 9 a.m.–12 noon; 1 p.m.–6 p.m.

Admission: full admission 50 CZK, concessions 25 CZK (children, students, pensioners),
family 120 CZK


Show in Map

Zobrazit na mapě Synagogue